Tejano, The cortisone shot I got from my local VA 's PA was given from the right rear into the joint with no pain at all. It was a mix of 3 meds, a hyper quick short lived one that the PA dribbled out of the needle onece he got it placed, #2 was a "medium term" med 'posed to kick in about 10 days to a couple weeks later, and then a long term med that could last up to couple years. Best news was the NO Pain on the injection & being able to receive similar shots every 4 months for the rest of my life if need be. I do fudge a little with Tramadol when I over work schlepping antique furniture around and catching up on yard work left from the mid April storm that downed 6 120-160ft+ pine trees and left gaping root ball pits everywhere.

So far the shoulder has reponded most of the time except when I sleep on the right shoulder all nite without rolling over. The 50+ years of that sleep position was the result of a major surgery to rebuild my right urinary tract at 19 and sleeping "on the wound" was necessary to keep the dozen+ Maxipads in 3 layers from becoming dislodged. 'tween pad changes initally every 2 hours until the wound finally sealed.couple weeks later. Been about a month so far since the steroid shot...and planning a range trip in the next week or so to try out my Mod 70 Sporter in 270, with factory Lite Loads for starters at first. If I can shoot that then the Tikka 6.5 Swede and M70 Fwt 7x57 mauser are almost a for sure thing with medium loads.
Ron

TIME FOR TERM LIMITS !!!! Politicians are just like diapers, they need to be changed often and regularly for the same reason...Robin Williams.