Showdog75,

Around the same time I shot a meat muley buck with a 140 Partition from a 7x57. Found him feeding in lodgepole timber at less than 50 yards, standing almost directly toward me. He evidently saw me raise the rifle, and picked his head up to stare. The bullet landed at that dimple at the base of the neck, and he dropped instantly, never moving.

I traced the bullet's path as well as possible during field-dressing, but lost it in the guts. Assumed it ended up somewhere in there, but a year or so later put a piece of one of his round steaks in my mouth and bit down on something I assumed was bone. Instead it was the expanded Partition, which either Eileen or I had sliced on either side of when butchering the deer.

Am always kind of amused when somebody recovers some bullet after it travels lengthwise through a big game animal, and claims it to be the Best Bullet Ever. In reality, lengthwise penetration is pretty common in my experience, partly because the "tube" of a big game animal's body is softest inside. Among the expanding bullets I've retrieved from the opposite end of a big game animal of some sort have been Barnes monolithics (of course); Hornady Interlocks and GMX's, Nosler AccuBonds, Ballistic Tips and Partitions, and probably some I've probably forgotten.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck