Originally Posted by pete53
i have decided not to do the replacement surgery ,surgeon told me if i did do the replacement shoulder surgery it would only work for a long time if i was very careful with lifting stuff with a limit of 15 lbs. on the shoulder that i got the replacement parts.as far as cortisone shots i have had many and that is a crap shoot too some work most don`t for very long. now some may laugh but i have had better luck with bee string therapy with honey bees the oriental people have used for centuries.

My surgeon only placed a few limitations.Certain movements and no high impact use like using a sledge hammer on concrete. As far as lifting he said as long as I use good mechanics ( proper lifting techniques ) I should have no problem.The first test was lifting hind quarters from a big bull elk I killed last October onto the pack mule.That was about 10 months after surgery, so maybe I am not out of the woods about that long term thing. Of course turning 76 next months, I don't have real good prognosis for long term anything.

If you need a new shoulder though,you probably can't lift 15 pounds over your head anyway. Prior to replacement, I could do work down low,but anything above my waist,my arm hung down like it wasn't even mine.

Last edited by saddlesore; 07/17/19.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles