Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Yep.

I found one of the petals from this bullet on the inside of the hole through the far ribs. As long as they fully penetrate the vitals, what difference does it make?

I have a theory based on an example of one so maybe worthless. But two points. When the monos loose petals they may actually kill quicker. The only time I have recovered a mono that lost it's petals and was able to track some of it's path it appeared that it developed a wobble as it lost petals and then resumed a straight path after it the petals were shed and the bullet was shaped more like a wad cutter. This on a hog shot through both shoulders where I could see the bullet path in the shoulders. There was extensive damage to the heart & lungs so it is difficult to say if this was from bone fragments, the sheared petals, or a wobble or tumbling effect of the shank of the bullet? Whatever transpired it was very effective.

Back to sore shoulders: As a last resort I got an injection of cortisone directly in the offending shoulder before an elk hunt. This really worked but is not something you would want to do on a regular basis. Maybe something to ask your orthopedist about?

I forgot which archer it was who was one of the first modern archers to shoot elephant with a bow maybe Howard Hill But in order for him to draw his 125 lb. bow he resorted to cortisone as the practice had irritated his shoulder. He got his bull.

Last edited by Tejano; 07/16/19.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli