Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by Nathan13
You might want to research the different duties that were assigned to legitimate conciencous objectors during g wartime in this country before you make excuses for the Amish. Being a draft dodging, parasite upon our society is not the same as being a conciencous objectors.
It sounds like you don't appreciate your fellow citizens if they refuse to go and assist in any way the killing of other humans that are not trying to invade this country. I am terribly against foreign involvement because of the cost and it is none of our business mostly. I am certainly against going to another country and killing people who aren't bothering me. It's just my belief that I shouldn't. When they invade or if some of our home grown become dangerous that's different. Other than that live and let live. I wonder maybe you've been involved in some action you feel defensive about?

Nope, I just love this country too much to sit back and keep my mouth shut while some people take advantage of it under the guise of religion. This country isn't perfect , none are. But it's damn close or atleast it used to be. And there's civic duties that every citizen is responsible for. America is the land of freedom. Sadly too many , especially the Amish have confused freedom with free ride. ....that's not how it's supposed to work, straw hat or not.