Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by Hectortwsp
see those cute little Amish girls, let me tell you what happens to them when they marry and can not get prego. If after 1 year she doesn't have a bun in the oven her husband goes to his Bishop asks for release from his marriage contract. The Bishop asks if the husband really tried to get his wife in a family way. When he answers yes ( at least 2 times every week every month) THEN THE BISHOP VISITS THE WOMAN WITH THE HUSBANDS BLESSING 2 times a week for 6 months or until she is knocked up. If after 6 months she has not got a belly full of the BISHOP'S kid he grants an Amish divorce and the woman goes back to her parents house to live unmarried the rest of her life or can leave the Amish all together.
That is fact! Check it out yourself.
See those little boys? they are going to work 14-16 hours a day 7 days a week until the old man gets them a job at 16 years of age THEN that cute little blonde boy must turn EVERY penny over to the old man as long as he is unmarried and living in his old man's home.
THAT is fact! Check it out yourself.
How do I know this is fact? My son married an Amish girl whom left her family 'cause her husband wanted kids and she had female issues that the BISHOP would not allow her to get medical care for. Nor would she fugg the BISHOP to try and get knocked up. Since leaving her family she got medical care and I have 3 great wonderful grandchildren whom though invited too often to count have not see their mother's parents to this day! If I ever see those kock suckers on the road I'll run their buggy over with my semi. AND THAT TOO IS A FACT!!!!
Thanks for sharing. Many of us know stories like this, but the Campfire contingent only wants to hear stuff about Constitution-loving bearded heroes nobly defying the government by shixting outdoors and fu cking over folks not in their tribe.

I totally believe that this happened and would be as upset as Hector but are you saying that if I don’t want to run them all over that means I think they’re all saints?

There is a middle ground dont ya think? Like that they’re just like us... evil, moral, ethical, hypocritical, salt of the earth, all of the above?

You're a good guy efw, so no offense intended. A lot of folks only see the bucolic, old timers out working hard and selling their wares to tourist types. IME the truth is closer to many of the negative things posted. You haven't heard of me calling for killing them or anything. To most folks, they are a non-issue because they don't live around them. They are pretty much a non-issue for me other than a bother when I go north to a town that is fair-sized to do business-as I stated earlier, the next county up from my own. Now that my kids have gotten past the age to play them, the only thing I have to do is listen to my wife, a teacher and coach, bitch about them. I know a few things and have heard of others from trusted sources. No doubt there are some good ones. I've known a couple. But by and large they fit the negative image posted here more than the positive one-as a group.

I despise big government more than the Amish/Mennonites/German Baptists, et al. I also don't like a tiered system of justice, which is what we're currently living under. Does it piss me off more that Biden is guilty of all sorts of corruption than some Mennonite selling tomatoes he bought from the hated "English" as homegrown when they actually came in from Mexico? Certainly. Another thing is that these types will usually see you as an outsider as fair game whereas they might treat one of their own clan better. Then again, see Hector's post for the Amish version of "better".