Apple cart Yoder, last year middle of July. He’s set up in a Shell gas station parking out by the interstate.

Went thru about 8am, he was set up, horse tied a parking lot light pole on asphalt.

Came back by 3pm, horse still tied to lamp post on hot asphalt. No water bucket, not a lick of shade, horse covered in a haze of salt and sweating.

I gave him a ration of crap about the horse, he’s sittin on stool his sipping a cold drink under a pop up. He says oh de horsie it’s ok she stay out all day. Could count every rib on that horse. It was 6 miles back to Trenton from the interstate, so you know he also rode that horse and junk cart balls to the wall back to Trenton to go tear up that stinky wooly gash girlfriend to celebrate selling 3 quarts of honey.
I feel so inadequate for chiding him for living a life I envy, treating his horse like a pos. laugh crazy

The Amish in Salmon Idaho would tie the horse next to a cool shady brook teeming with rainbow trout with a bale of alfalfa for horse to munch on while the Amish man’s little toe-headed children played with sounds of innocent laughter as they built a small whimsical dam in the brook.