Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
Go back and take a good look at the photo Brad posted.

There are 38 different bullets represented in that chart. Designs include cup-and-core, dual core, bonded and monos. They include A-Square Dead Tough; Alaska Kodiak; Barnes X; Bitterroot Bonded; Federal Hi-Shok; Hawk .030” and .035” jacketed; Hornady SP, BTSP and RN InterLock; Nosler Ballistic Tip and Partition; Remington Bronze Point and SP an RN Core-Lokt; Sierra GameKing, MatchKing and Pro-Hunter SP and RN; Speer Grand Slam, Mag-Tip, RN, SP and SPBT; Swift A-Frame; Trophy Bear Claw; Winchester Failsafe, Power-Point and Silvertip; and six others.

Don’t bother looking for one that always penetrates further as velocity increases – there aren’t any. Quite often the greatest penetration is at the lowest velocities by a wide margin – by 2x to about 5x.

I don’t see a lot of bullet dependency there. As in none.

And I’ll stand by my statements:

Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
So it doesn't depend on the bullet, unless you consider different calibers and weights, which makes it NOT the same bullet.

Same bullet, velocity rules. But higher velocity does not always mean greater penetration, as has been proven many times.

Max velocity was only 3100fps for starters..