Originally Posted by smokepole
Thank you , captain M.O.T.O. Yes, it's abundantly obvious that two different cartridges using the same bullet will have different velocities. But as most children can plainly see, your "answer" is not an answer to the OP's question, because he didn't ask which cartridge will make a bullet go faster.

The OP’s question was whether people see any difference in killing power. My responses are simply to point out the obvious – that a difference does exist and that at some range they will be visible.

And most children can also see that the amount of gas in a car's tank has absolutely zero bearing on the OP's question, which has to do with how well different cartridges kill elk.

It is an analogy. Tough concept for you, I know. Let me explain. The fuel in the tank represents the energy available to transformed into motion on the part of the car. The velocity of the bullet determines the energy of the bullet that can be transformed into (destructive) motion on the part of the target.

But go ahead, come up with some more irrelevant facts, if it makes you feel good.

Your responses to my posts are irrelevant to the OP's question. But that’s OK – I know I live rent free in your head. Deal with it. (laughing)

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.