Too funny, but it looks like you're paying much more rent than I am, sport.

The gist of your posts is really "I can't answer your question because I've never shot an elk with a .308, but I can cut and paste some ballistics tables and point out things you could easily find on your own."

The question the OP asked was really a good one, and it was pretty specifically aimed at those who've used both cartridges. And just like clockwork, the answers were 100% predictable. Very few people who've shot enough elk with both cartridges under different conditions to be able to give good answers, but many who are all too happy to display their vast knowledge of ballistics charts. And not too much mystery as to who would top the list and provide the answer to the question not asked: "what do ballistics tables show."

Any fool can quote ballistics tables. And any fool can draw the obvious conclusion that you keep repeating with a sense of discovery, that "at some range the difference between a .308 Win and .300WM WILL be noticed."

But that doesn't answer the question, does it? You want to talk about "common sense??" Common sense dictates that someone who's never shot an elk with a .308 should be listening, not expounding.

A wise man is frequently humbled.