Originally Posted by jwall
REDUX !

Originally Posted by jwall
Originally Posted by WAM
VII. Thou shalt learn to shoot as swiftly as the hawk flieth, and thou shalt not fiddle-f*** with thy gear, nor adjust thy scope, nor set up thy bipod, for thou hast not time. - 7th commandment from David Petzal’s 10 Commandments of Elk Hunting.

MY MAN ! !

Jerry,
While you make a decent point, I wouldn’t be using Petzal to give it much credence. Petzal while he seems to be a funny guy and knowledgeable re rifles, is a gun writer and not a hunting writer. There are a few who have posted on this thread who I’m sure have shot many more Elk. And as mentioned, have done it repeatedly with something along the lines of a .308 and at distance. And reading their past posts, I’m pretty sure at some time or another, they may have turned a turret and took their practiced time to do so.

They have also went into the back country on their own to kill Elk. From what I’ve read and heard, I doubt Petzal has ever been on an Elk hunt that wasn’t guided. That isn’t a bad thing, however that and the above does cast some doubt on the originality and basis of his 10 Commandants of Elk hunting.

Last edited by battue; 02/24/20.

laissez les bons temps rouler