Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by Angus1895
Now smoke pole u picking on a 300 savage?

Not picking on the 300 Savage, just battue. That MF-er lives rent free, in my head, I just can't help myself.

If I may add something personally significant. I appreciate your considering me a MF-er and not a sport. Your recognition of desirable human characteristics is noted.

Now if the difference is 200+/- a little on Elk, where would one be prudent to choose one over the other on say Antelope. Do the ballistic tables take into consideration the fragility factor of different species. Fragility factor, surely it is pertinent in the killing of Game and should it be incorporated into ballistic data?

Have killed one Elk and one Antelope, both with a 300WM Mag and both at approximately the same distance. The Antelope seemed much more impressed with the initial thump, and significantly so in that it almost tore the front third lose.

Much younger at the time, however now I think I could have pulled both off with a .300Savage. Therefore from no actual personal experience I think the .300 Savage an ideal Elk cartridge.

Addition: smile for the more serious among us.

Last edited by battue; 02/20/20.

laissez les bons temps rouler