Originally Posted by cowman
Got a call from my daughter last night from the local police station. She had been picked up for DUI and was asking my advice if she should give consent for a breath test at the station.
Ten minutes before that her husband called me to let me know there was trouble. Apparently a group of young married couples had supper at their house, enjoyed a fire at their firepit and walked to a local establishment for a nightcap. The bar/restaurant they walked to was about 8 blocks away. On the way back, according to him, she had ran the last block and was going to act like she was going to pick up the stragglers. She hopped in his truck(parked on their driveway) and started it backing it down to the street when lights came on. The local cop was watching and arrested her for OWI.
I advised her to take the test at the local PD as refusal to take it is a years suspension of your DL . I did tell her to request a blood test, as she was arrested at 12 am and the test would not be taken until roughly 2 am by the time the PO made it to the county jail/hospital.
Spent a sleepless night waiting for their call. The stupid thing was getting behind the wheel, but we all make mistakes. In my opinion, the local cop could have made a judgement call and told them to go back to the fire. However he did not.
She is 22 and a top notch nurse in our community. Her and her husband work their tails off at their jobs and are good kids.
I would like to help them out, any advice? Hire attorney and try to plead it down? Thanks

No question, get an attorney

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]