Originally Posted by fester
Originally Posted by AKCHOPPER
You can sure tell who has had DUI'S from just their post. hehehe

Or those who haven’t been caught!

Not necessarily. I was a teenager in the 70’s, driving drunk was frequent back then, even (or especially) among teenagers.

I’ve come close to DWI’s twicesince then, both on motorcycles, both more’n thirty years back. Once I was way over the limit, riding behind an acquaintance. Cop lit up the night behind us, I took a right turn, Cop stayed with the other motorcycle.

Actually getting drunk when out on a motorcycle was rare it just weren’t fun to ride that way. So I would stop at three beers, stretched out over the whole evening.

One time I was just leaving a bar when a woman bought me beer number four, which I drank pretty quick. It was late, a Cop was watching the bar, pulls me over right away saying the yellow traffic light I went though turned red when I was less than half way through the intersection.

Did the field sobriety test OK, veteran Cop said he thought I would blow positive on a breath test but since I was a schoolteacher at the rough local high school and lived like four blocks away from the bar, told me to ride directly home and not do it again. Never have.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744