I think to settle this "argument" some seem to be having regarding who is capable of driving at what BAC, the gooberment should require baseline testing of everyone applying for a license, even non-drinkers (they might decide to take it up before their license expires).

Simple function testing might suffice. Coupla drinks, test BAC, put the pegs in the holes in x amount of time, walk this line, take the car out on the crash pad for spin. If one passes, they get another drink (Costco has some vodka I hear, for a good price, keep the costs down), another BAC test, and so on until they fail.

That way, if they are seemingly unimpaired at the old limit of 0.1 or whatever it was in your state, they could still drive. If they are a real alcoholic, who has developed some tolerance for lets say a six pack in an hour or so, ,maybe they can actually still function at 0.15 or even 0.2. Why should they be limited by an arbitrary number based on the rest of the population?

Of course, all this baseline testing will come at a cost, to be determined by the Commissioners who run your State's DMV. Those costs will have to include administrative "fees" and there will be more gooberment employees and the associated salaries and benefits for them (good job creation program, no?)

I know when I was a drinking man I operated in life at way more than a 0.08 level as established now. Why should drinkers nowadays be limited to that number?

Geno

PS ............FREEDOM!!!

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?