Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Sheister

The fact that Paul is questioning everything is exactly what I would want a good attorney to do. How else are you going to defend if you don't know and understand every last angle the prosecution will take

Oh my christ, someone gets it. Here's another component of my question. I think I could fairly easily explain to someone how someone who chased me down and pointed a gun at me was a threat. Same for someone who is beating me with a skateboard. But then as I thought about how I would articulate my use of force against the molester, it was much less clear. As crazy as this sounds, it might not be a bad idea for all of us badasses to think about how we would articulate our choice of deadly force in some of these situations we have seen playing out over the past few months.

Are you taking into consideration that the defendant is a minor and not a full grown man? And the environment in which the defensive action was taken? It was a full blown riot going on in his environment ; basically a war zone. Totality of the circumstances.

Should an armed 17 year old boy be in that situation? Of course not, but he was and was attacked by 3 armed violent criminals committing violent acts before they encountered him.

What would a frightened young boy do in this situation when attacked by violent armed felons?

Last edited by ribka; 08/27/20.