Originally Posted by Rustyzipper
I didn't know you were looking for rings but look at Weaver Quad lock. I think you will need taller rings though. If you used mediums then get the high in Quadlock. They are shorter than most others. They are a tiny bit lighter if you care for the weight difference. I sure like what you did with the gun. Did you get the before and after weight? I did see the after. Thanks for keeping us along for the trip. I sure hope the bullets will penetrate the paper at 100 yeard though. Maybe you have heavy enough bullets they won't slow too much down past 50 yards. Be Well, RZ.

I have Quad Locks and they work well.

I'd lose some of the vintage effect and those rings are Chicom, these are made in the USA.

But, you're right, they're very good rings and are not expensive.

I didn't get before and after weights. Should have as that would have been interesting. I'd guess it lost 2-3 oz or so, not enough to feel any difference handling it.

DF

Edited to add, I used stuff lying around the shop, M-70 Weaver bases, several sets of Weaver rings to close from, the large attachment screws. I do have a set of low Quad Locks, but these rings look better in this setting. I used stuff I had on hand, scopes included.

Last edited by Dirtfarmer; 09/17/20.