Did some shooting this morning. Sighted in the 4200 Bushnell, the Leupold went bonkers, wouldn't track, so it goes back. It is an old scope with friction, not click adjustments.

I also sighted the Simmons Pro Hunter 4-12x40 scope at 50 yds, shooting 158 gr. cast pistol bullets over 10 gr. Unique and 20 gr. 2400. At least that scope tracked, but the results weren't impressive. I think those light loads will be fun if and when I get them developed. 2400 load made a bit more noise.

Evidnelty all this conglomeration of bullets caused some serous fouling, even after DBC treatment. So, it's cleaning up nicely with Patch Out and patches, no brushes after DBC.

It was shooting 2" or so with the Sierra RN, slightly better with the 180 TTSX over 50 gr. TAC, but we're defiinitely not there yet. I used the Speer 180 FN to sight in over 42 gr. RL-7. Will shoot groups later.

I have 225 gr. SGK and 200 gr. FXT Horn to be delivered Tue. Looking for some 225 NPT's to try.

So, hope to have better info later. I don't think mixing all those type bullets on a barrel break in was too smart. DBC can do just so much.

In my case, more zeal than smarts...

grin

DF