Originally Posted by GRF
DF; please let us know how the CEB bullets work out.

Will do.

My .308 Win experience with their 135 gr. Raptor is covered in this link. See the review I wrote with pictures.

https://cuttingedgebullets.com/308-135gr-er-extended-range-raptor

I don't really expect this level of performance in a rebored .358 Win, but who knows until you try. My .308 is a Kimber Classic that had a bad EOM barrel. A 23" Broughton 5C SS really morphed that rifle into a tack driver. It shot the group in the photo. If this M-70 will shoot the CEB 150 gr. Raptor, that bullet at near 3K has to be a bomb.... They're just expensive, but how many does one actually shoot at game..? Practice with cheap stuff.

So far, the POI with this gun varies from load to load, thus my idea of more than one scope sighted for different type loads. Well, until the VX-3 went bonkers.... Still not a bad idea.

The .308 Kimber factory barrel had tight spots and the Hawkeye showed the problem(s). Kimber wasn't too excited about fixing it, so I had the Broughton fitted. At least this JES .358 Win has a really smooth, consitent bore. A tight patch, as I posted earlier, passes down the bore with an even stroke, no tight or loose spots. Even with tool marks and some chatter with the rifling cutter, an even, uniform bore seems an important factor for a shooter. As this barrel smooths out, groups seem to be getting better, some 3/4", others 1". But it's finicky about what it likes. It also has shot some 2" and 3" groups, telling me it does not like those loads..

As posted earlier, I tried 200 gr. FTX and later 175 gr. FTX. It seems to like the 175 gr. a bit better, so maybe the fast 150 gr. CEB's will do well. I am afraid to push an FTX (a 35 Rem bullet) too fast, as 2,600 fps is reported to be at the top of the design window. I don't need varmint bullet performance on a WT. As a mono, the CEB should be able to handle speeds up to around 3K fps.. I have .358 Win, 150 gr. CEB load data showing 3K fps out of a 22" barrel with IMR 4198. With the 175 FTX's, H-4198 in my .358 Win shot tighter groups than IMR-4198. RL-7 is another good one.

DF