Originally Posted by mathman
I thought that much expansion may lead to some runout in the loaded rounds.

You 358 guys are giving me the new cartridge itch which I really don't need these days. I should have bought one at a gun show a number of years ago. A vendor who had a lot of Ruger stuff had one at a very fair price. I don't remember if it was a MkII or a Hawkeye.

Runout was checked on my Sinclair gauge and all expanded cases are very concentric. And, I'm using Lee dies. I went with them because I wasnted a Lee Factory Crimp die for cast bullets and that was the least expensive way to go. I got the 3 die set, not the 4 die set with Collet Neck sizer.

One more issue to solve.

The set up as shown with the 4200 3-9x40 in Weaver Med rings, the bolt handle does touch the ocular a bit and any is too much.

I subsequently mounted it with high Weavers (.332), and they work, just wish the scope was a tad lower.

I would like QD type rings that are .250" or so high. Weaver Med .164" is too low.

Warne Maxima QD low is .250, but they are $57 wholesale at Brownells. Leupold QRW2 low is .250. It looks like they'll fit Weaver bases, but they offer their own QRW bases.

I want QD so I can use other scopes for pistol bullets, etc, without a new sight in. I plan to keep the Bushnell 4200 dedicated to my hunting loads.

Any suggestions?

DF