Originally Posted by RevMike
DF

I have that same scope on one of my 7x57s. I have another in a box waiting (hoping?) for Leupold to start their reticle changes once again. I had it changed to heavy duplex and don’t like it. I’d like to have it changed back to regular duplex. The one I have mounted is regular duplex and it’s perfect in my neck of the woods, although truth be told I can’t remember when it’s budged off 4x. You’ve put together a nice outfit.

RM

Thanks, Rev.

The rather straight Pre-64 bolt handle requires slightly higher rings to prevent the ocular/bolt handle rubbing, causing the signature bolt handle scar.

Unlike the M-700 with a more contoured bolt handle, the Pre-64 presents a challenge. On another thread, some were using the Double Dovetail and or Burris Zee rings, both look better than the Warne Horizontal I'm using. But, as I noted on that thread, the .358 Win is such a versatile round, handling such an array of loads from pistol bullets to cast to fast monos to NPT's, NAB's etc, it's nice to have the ability to swap out scopes for a specific category of ammo. The Warne set up allows that. DD's and Zee's, not so easy.

Med Weavers on my gun ended up with bolt handle/ocular issues, whereas the low Warne is high enough to prevent that. Can't go with low/med, etc. You gotta try and see how each set up works. I'm not sure about the post '64 bolt handle, if it's more contoured to prevent this problem. You have Ingwe's post '64 7x57. Is that an issue?

DF