Originally Posted by BayouRover
This is a purely amateur analysis, but its based on observations from how he acts here.

Its almost like he becomes so obsessed with his narrative at the moment while he's posting that he looses complete control and personal recognition of who he is or what he really thinks at the time. It's like he's in a "zone" all by himself.

I had a casual friend maybe 25 years ago who acted the same way, but his obsessions were for the most part non-violent in nature. He just went out on frequent "limbs" over issues in his life or in someone else's life. After a cool down period, he often could not remember the conversation or the confrontation he had had with someone maybe 1 or 2 days before. I did not know him well, but I was acquainted with him through a friend where I worked. At times he was a very cordial and basically a nice person to be around. At other times his behavior became truly strange and at times bizarre at best. And that attitude could come on in an instant, often for no known reason. It just happened like a trigger switched.

Again, just a purely amateur observation based on a one time experience in my life. Take it for what its worth.

Interesting comment. I have postulated elsewhere that I believe elksalivator prominently displays features of sociopathic personality disorder. (He is far from the first person on this forum over the past 20 years with this apparent disorder, by the way.) But this does not exclude the possibility of other comorbidities, and the features you described in your comment are consistent with features of Bipolar Disorder and with Asperger's (a variant of autism). I confess I have only read a few of his posts, some time ago, and only occasionally skim through some of his more recent offerings; so I don't pretend to have done a thorough observational analysis, and your observations are intriguing.

Asperger's would be a somewhat reassuring diagnostic feature, as it is not associated with violence, whereas pure sociopathic personalities are unquestionably highly concordant with violent actions. As someone else said, it wouldn't be surprising to see him show up on a police blotter.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars