We hunt public, walk-in areas, and HMA's.

Surely you know all about them.

YOU'VE HUNTED MORE THAN MOST!

TFF

LOL

Originally Posted by Greenhorn
Now THAT is some seriously funny stuff right there! Chronicles of a private land cow elk hunter and his man boy.

And THIS HERE continues to be funny as well... carry on Mike Weiner.

Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
Why not give WAM some more.....for his detector?

We did the annual Wyoming varmint/shed hunt in early April instead of May. #4 son insisted on getting an early advantage. #5 son came along.........as did the luckiest woman to ever walk the planet.

We pulled the little Casita out and stayed at the free campground in Douglas. Little wire elk out in front of the shower house.

Early April.......Horseshoe Creek area was very snowed in.........as was Fetterman road.

Win some, lose some.

Packed up rifles and headed up north to Thunder Basin.........another trophy Elk zone. There are prairie dogs there too.....if you know where they are.

Found many sheds up there(deer and elk).....but few were this year's. Brett found a decent fresh 6 point set. Found many broken-off points up there. Those big bulls are scrappers.

Found a couple carcasses........probably expert 243 shooters.

Most all the bull elk we saw still had their horns. Sorry experts, antlers.

Shot just a few prairie dogs.

We normally fish Toltec one day.......but Fetterman being closed jacked that. Could have came in from the South, but a long drive around.

Overall......given our goals for the trip.....we chose unwisely. Snow and most elk still carrying horns.

Brett claimed he won the competition for daily mileage.....Little less than 20 miles. I didn't wear the watch, so I walked farther. It was a vacation, why go nuts?

There are no date restrictions for shed hunting there......like there is on the west side. Rest assured, experts.

We drew zone 7 cows tags....starts August 15th for rifle, on private land......through December 31st.

We plan to do labor day week, archery. Mid October for the rifle opener.......late November......and December (late last year, got the Covid).

Plenty for WAM's detector.

We have pictures of all the sheds.......if any expert would like to provide an email address or cell phone number.

Between Iowa and Wyoming, Brett found over 100 sheds this spring (not all on my properties). Found (and left) 3 Iowa trophy skullplates too.......darn expert hunters. They're everywhere.

They probably didn't die of a rifle shot.......scenarshooter says rifles are illegal for deer in Iowa.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.