Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
Hold him out for a bigger bull than those dinks you posted earlier. Those dinks are the equivalent of a 110 inch Whitetail. Let 'em grow.

If he cannot do better than that........just have him shoot a cow.

There are some 350's in zone 7.

Hunt them.

Just sayin'

Originally Posted by BuzzH
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
Why the bitterness, Buzz?

You just said you hunted the area I claimed to hunt......

Trying to get some pointers, here.

Originally Posted by BuzzH

I'm not your secretary...you figure it out, what with all your connections and clan living in Douglas and your vast experience in the unit in question.

Unbelievable...

Bitter?...

Pretty excited for my nephew, but not bitter...

I always let my nephews decide what they want to shoot...I buy the tags, they fill them with what they want. You hunt for your reasons, I hunt for mine....and they hunt for theirs. None of your business what anyone else chooses to shoot.

Plus, it was a 100% odds draw with zero points, out nothing other than a NR youth tag fee.

I'll let you in on something...elk aren't my bag, there's just so friggin' many of them, 3 easy to get tags a year, and they're easy to hunt...and they fill a freezer quick.

Every once in a while a decent one gets in the way:

[Linked Image from photos.imageevent.com]

Drew 2 good tags in the same year, MT and WY. Hunted a real heavy bull I'd scouted in Wyoming on opening day while on my way up to hunt Montana, couldn't turn him up.

Made my way North and killed this bull in MT:

Went the next day to pack this bull, and on the way glassed a group of 3 bulls while looking around for a mule deer. Bumped into a guy and his young son from Billings that also had the tag, took him back and I took him to this bull. He made a great shot with I believe a 25/06:

Me with the same bull, the guy was really appreciative for the help, he was set to shoot any bull he saw, never taped it or heard from the guy again, but I'd guess 320ish?

I turned and burned back to Wyoming to continue looking for the bull I had found scouting, but couldn't turn up opening day. Found him about 400 yards from where I first saw him about a month earlier.

Probably one of the most miserable weather days I've ever spent elk hunting, below zero, steady Wyoming wind at about 40 mph. One of my best friends had the tag...he made a pretty amazing shot in that wind. Had his choice of 8 bulls, liked this one the best:

Me with his bull:

Good looking bull, first 4 points are pretty good, sort of fades at the top. Net scored right at 330, with not much for deductions.