Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
Dang it........nice 5 point.

As an Iowa Outfitter with a ton of Pope and Youngs entered.....some even qualifying for Boone and Crockett..........got any book elk?

I've hunted with a Wyoming general tag.......west side.......out by Alpine......archery........Middle Creek.......3.5 miles back.......shot a 5 pt, little better than that one.

Took 4 of us 1 trip out.........next day..........with frame empty packs, going in.

Where is WAM?

Originally Posted by BuzzH
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
Lots of fences and wide open-country coupled with heavy-set/chubby hunters.

Good call.

Whatever you say...they've hunted elk with me twice with cow tags, 6/6 and last year with general tags, 3/3....and it doesn't take then 2 months to fill their tags, usually 1-2 days.

Yeah, I think this guy probably pushes all of 140...including his rifle. They drew general tags last year. We watched a small knot of elk right at daylight and my friend shot his first bull. Just right at 450...with a 7RM. They're all excellent shots...and I reckon wouldn't be hamstrung with a .243 on elk either.

[Linked Image from photos.imageevent.com]

I have one P&Y, none that make B&C...372 and change gross, 358 5/8 net. Public land with my Dad and Brother. We had a day to kill before they started hunting pronghorn so went for a quick morning deal. Was a brutal pack out...about 30 feet to the bed of the pickup on a two-track.