Originally Posted by Craig2506

Nope.

I’ve taken care of Covid for 2 years in an emergency department and can tell you that’s not true at all for my hospital. It’s part of the triage form-vaccinated or not. Get the daily hospitalization numbers for my heath system and it’s 70-80% non vaccinated. Critical care and ICU numbers even worse. This latest variant is far milder than the delta or other previous ones, but it’s not the vaccinated folks I’m seeing or admitting. I’m not pro mandate for vaccines as I think personal healthcare is a personal choice, but it’s amazing how many non vaccinated people who catch Covid suddenly want to embrace modern medicine and get upset when we can’t fix them. Does ivermectin and vitamins help? I don’t know and honestly I don’t care. After doing this for 2 years I’m convinced it’s a highly contagious individualistic virus and no one can predict how sick you may get. Life is about choices, and sometimes we make bad ones and have to deal with the consequences.

I was a trauma ICU guy until COVID happened, then worked a COVID critical care unit for a year before transferring to emergency. I've very much had the same experience as you. And like you, also do not care vaccine status, and do not support any mandates. We ask vaccine status here, not as part of triage (though most patients already have it on the EMR), but the provider asks and documents it to determine if they are candidates of monoclonal antibodies or the new oral "antibody" treatment. The population we serve is about 70% vaccinated, and of admissions, about 2/3rds are vaccinated, which statistically makes sense. I personally had COVID Jan 2020 and it was mild for me. I again got it in August 2021 and developed pneumonia on day ten. I was experiencing mild symptoms until about day seven. I'm still suffering reduced lung capacity, shortness of breath, and fatigue.

I have learned on this forum, people are quick to make statements based on feeling. They also believe every conspiracy theory that supports their preconceived notions. This is exacerbated by officials that aren't following science. Either way, a large portion of the membership here is quick to call names and make assumptions of those that post anything they disagree with. Keep your skin thick, brother!