Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Before I read your last line, I had already crafted it as a response in my mind.

We have some very good bike/pedestrian infrastructure in our area and I use it for about 90% of my miles. Most of the miles I rack up not using it are used to get to it. In some places like City Park and Audubon Park the pedestrians are miraculously disengaged. Even on a well marked path like this one, pedestrians will amble about wherever they want. The ones that walk in the bike only lane ALWAYS do it in the direction of bike traffic so that they have no idea you are coming up behind them. NOBODY knows what the center markings mean, and to think those people drive cars. I don't get in any kind of hurry on this path. It's shaded, so it makes for a nice diversion, as do the yoga pants.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Signs, signs, everywhere a sign"

Even painted on the path now.

Sheesh.

y'all bicyclists need a bell, like we used to use on the concrete "boardwalk" at the beaches in SoCal. 6 pack of beer in the water bottle holders and backpack and such.

RING RING RING comin' through.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?