Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by centershot
Biggest problem with going around walkers on a path is that many of them have headphones in and are oblivious to the world around them. Could blast an air horn behind some of those idiots and not get their attention.

Or worse yet, two women "power walking" side-by-side and yakking about whatever. It's like the rest of the universe doesn't exist.

Some years ago there were 3 Holsteins walking side by side on the path chewing their cuds and occupying every bit of it. I could see them for a good while before I came up close to them. You'd think that their necks didn't work. I thought "screw it, I'll just go around in the grass." I went about 3 feet off of the asphalt. The right most one, for whatever reason took several side steps to the right off of the path, did some kind of pirouette thing and swung her fat addled arm wide when she did. She hit my handlebar with her hand. She let out a guttural bellow that sounded like a ship's foghorn on the adjacent river. I thought for a second about stopping, but decided there was no value in it.

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 08/12/22.