Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Or is my supposition that these words that you used: "at worst a dangerous road hazard" don't equal these words "a traumatic event for a motorist"

Do you see how your language has drifted as I have tried to drill down?

A situation where someone is liable to receive crippling injuries or dies is not a dangerous road hazard?

If the incident becomes a life changing event emotionally and/or financially for the operator of the vehicle does not that represent danger to the driver?

Are drivers NEVER placed in danger of a collision when avoiding cyclists in the roadway? If so, why do so many feel they are?

Why then is it unreasonable for drivers to resent cyclists? Crap, even in a minor collision just having to deal with the hassle of being made late for work and having to make an insurance claim because some retard was in the road on a bicycle is legitimate grounds for resentment.

Perhaps “emotional immaturity” on your part plays a role here, ‘cause you’re gonna go back to the drivers are wrong to feel that way because you don’t think they should feel that way, your only argument 🙄

Like I said, the sort of smug patronizing attitude among cyclists that pisses off drivers so much.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744