You began with.....

Originally Posted by smokepole
I've had people walking toward me three abreast, looking right at me and just stand there blocking the trail. Or walking the same way I'm riding, walking down the middle of the trail with earbuds so they can't hear anything behind them. Or the woman today, walking down the center of the trail with her back to me yakking on her phone, not hearing me as I ride up behind her saying "passing on your left" until I'm actually passing on her left and she pivots to the left right in front of me so I had to lock up both wheels and skid off the trail.

What is it with these lame brains? The traffic on the trails is about 75% cyclists and 25 % walkers, you'd think after about the 30th cyclist passed them a light would go on and they'd say to themselves, "there's a lot of bikers out here, I need to pay attention so I don't get run over." You know, the laws of physics and all that.

And the thing is, every single one of these idiots drove an automobile to the park.

I gotta presume that if I had written that you’d call me a “Karen”.

I wrote....

Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Damn right they do, wherever they want, with earbuds, kids, dogs whatever.

It’s on me as a cyclist on a shared path to make allowances for them, to expect the unexpected.

WTF, I’m out for exercise, speeding back up after clearing them is just part of that, and I’ll slow way down for the next bunch too.

Yepper, I don’t agree that people merely out enjoying a walk are supposed to worry about cyclists. Should be the other way around and, by law, it is.

Anyhoo.... you got offended and went to personal insults and then puzzlingly wrote as a counter argument pretty much exactly what I would do

Originally Posted by smokepole
I just got back from my morning ride. I passed a bunch of people walking on the trail. Came up behind 'em, slowed down and let 'em know I was coming, and passed 'em on the left with no hit pedestrians, injuries, or conflagrations.

Every single one of 'em was either already walking over to the right or moved over when they heard me coming.

It ain't rocket science.

If I wrote this I gotta assume you would call me “self righteous” etc....

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744