Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
You have a point that's hard to argue against. Birdwatcher could mow down a bicyclist in the bicycle lane, and it would be their fault.

Smokepole has already dismissed himself from this topic by avoiding answering direct questions.

Now you bring up an improbable argument equivalent to the possibility of rape as a reason to keep abortion legal.

I didn’t get into bicycles until I was 56. Before that it was motorcycles. Ten long-term riding companions over the years; one death, three life changing injuries (amputation, shattered leg and closed-head brain injury). 40% casualty rate across thirty years. So should I swing a leg over a motorcycle again I assume that risk and blame no one else.

Bicycles? Eight years, one death, four collisions with vehicles resulting in injury among people known to me (out of a couple hundred). I assume the risk and accept responsibility for that risk every time.

Works fer me.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744