Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by krp
A pedestrians purpose for legally using a 'recreational' travel way, is of no concern of yours then, how do you know they aren't being defensive?

What do you experience on the road today that pedestrians don't experience from cyclists on a 'recreational' travel way.

It's sure they experience the same complaining.

Kent

I have relevant experiences walking. Those experiences tell me when there's no legitimate reason for a pedestrian to be where they are on a path. Take this person for example. Two clearly marked lanes with a separation zone in between the two paths to keep flailing arms and handlebars out of contact. The separation zone has markings that should be familiar to anyone who has a driver's license. Those markings mean "keep off." I won't get an honest answer out of you, but I'll give you an opportunity to be disingenuous. What possible reason would this person have for being in the separation zone?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Bear in mind that I am not complaining. It's very easy for me to deal with that. I have had groups of pedestrians strung completely across the bike lane on this MUP. I have had groups of up to 10 people standing in the middle of the bike lane chatting. Hell, I'd go around them without uttering a word, but there is about a 4 inch lip of asphalt along the edge that won't allow me to reasonably do that.

I experience a very real threat of serious bodily injury or death from motorists when I am bicycling. Statistics bear this out. The statistics bear out that there is very little threat that a pedestrian faces from bicyclists. You'll get your disingenuous on here too. I am guessing through obfuscation or red herring. It will be interesting to see what tactic you use.

Well, again you post something that doesn't relate to what I posted, and you create a what'if from a picture that I can only answer with another, what'if, so you can say it's a red herring.

Just posting the picture and what'if and insinuating she's not where she's allowed to be is complaining about where's she's at.

If that's a two way bike lane, she looks pretty defensive to me and in the safest place on the track.

Kent

Looks like we are in agreement on the fact that motorists are a real threat to bicyclists but bicyclists are statistically a nominal threat to pedestrians. Glad we made that progress.

Your response the first part of my post helped make my point. While I didn't come right and say that the part of the path to the left was for pedestrians. I spoke about pedestrians, bicyclists and separation zones. To the observant, that alone would clearly indicate that the picture doesn't show a two way bicycle path. BUT, I also included a picture. You have to look closely to see the clear lane markings. They appear regularly at about 200 foot intervals. Then there's also the clue of the pedestrians in the pic. There was also my comment about separating flailing arms and handlebars. You missed ALL of that but would be the kind who thinks they know what's best for a bicyclist. LOL. Sometimes this stuff writes itself.