Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Tagged for interest and entertainment.

BTW .... The 6x Leupold used to be the darling scope here on the fire until the winds of popularity changed direction. Now most all here are afeared to claim they even own a Leupold for fear of internet shaming.

I own a bunch. I don't dial them. smile

I have around 100 Leupold scopes that are set and forget. I have a lot of other scopes too, but my go to is the 2-7x33 with a heavy duplex reticle. I also have 2 6x42 that I sent back to Leupold and had the reticles changed to the heavy duplex for first/last light hunting. What other people do and use is of no consequence to me and their opinions about what I do and use are equally inconsequential to me.

Total agreement...

While the Loopies of the last 10 years aren't what the Leupold I grew up with, I've had good experience with Leupolds. In 2000 I put a 2-7X33 on my 416 Rigby. I actually shot it a lot with 350ge Speers as a coyote and gopher destroyer. I sold it to a friend after two trips to Africa, and he is still using it with the 2-7 Leupold.

I have several dozen Leupolds on rifles. The only one I had fail was a 1.5-5 VariXIII on a 338. Granted, it was one failure too many. I set and forget, no "fun with dials".

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”