Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
OGB: I pay NO heed to the few Leupold "naysayers" on this forum - never have, never will!
I have many dozens of Leupold scopes and have been using them VERY successfully for 59 years now (I bought my first Leupold scope in 1964). And I intend to keep using them til "the end"!
For instance - 2 weeks ago I bought a new in box Remington XR-100 Rifle in caliber 204 Ruger.
I wanted to set this Rifle up for predator Hunting (night calling) so I precision mounted, in lapped Leupold rings/bases, a Leupold 4x12 variable scope with adjustable objective. Not only does this scope look fantastic on this Rifle it performs equally as well.
Last week I broke in the barrel and sighted the Rifle in using factory ammunition. At the end of that barrel break-in and initial sight-in I decided I wanted the point of impact lowered one full inch.
So in the deteriorating wind conditions of that day I adjusted the scope 4 clicks "down" - but held off any more shooting that day.
Forward now to this morning when I decided to shoot the Rifle again (get some more fireformed brass) and I returned to my range - vois la - the new point of impact was now "one inch" lower than it was prior to my adjusting the scope! just where I wanted it and thought it would be.
By the way the 5 shot group I made today at 100 yards measured .581" - so much for the few Leupold naysayers on this site!
In full disclosure the yardage increments on the bell of the adjustable objective was adjusted, to my eye, to be "parallax free" whilst the yardage "read" about 120 yards - if that can be considered a criticism?
Over the last 20 years on this forum I have learned one thing for certain - look upon the few Leupold naysayers hereabouts, with distrust.
I also now look upon the few Leupold naysayers here, with disdain.
Long live Leupold & Stevens Corporation - a fine AMERICAN company.
I recommend you try the Leupold.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

People have a problem with a product, you distrust them? You disdain them?

That says more about you than it does them.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."