First it was Kimber and Kimber Roulette. “I’ve had 3 of them and they were all POS.” “I’m on my 4th, and the all shot MOA easily. Repeated threads on the technique of shoot a LW, and the love/hate relationship went on for a couple years. Some could make everyone that picked up shoot well. And some had a hard time keeping them on paper.

Then the new whipping boy became Leupold and to be in the BA crowed you had to have multiple send backs or sighting issues. A box of shells to get multiple examples zeroed. Not one example, but the implication a box to get everyone squared away.

Then out of nowhere, the campfire coined the phrase “set and forget”, and we had a whole new classification of shooters. “ I use Leupold, however I’m set and forget.

Would make a great case study on the need for groups of individuals to be on one side or the other. Why they choose a side, the reasons they choose, along with what they will do or say to be a part of their team.

Another old Campfire saying..."You can fool the fans, but not the players." The campfire is mostly made up of us fans....Few are the real players. The players for the most part prove them selves amongst each other, use what works for them and get a laugh out of listening to the fans. And you will rarely find the players getting worked up on a public forum.

Last edited by battue; 03/25/23.

laissez les bons temps rouler