Originally Posted by Willto
The Leupold hate here is hilarious. Now I have always purchased Varix3 or VX 3 level or higher but I have never had a single problem with a Leupold as a hunting scope. Never had a problem sighting one in. Never had to fire 25 shots or any such horse chit to do it either. Never had one fail to hold zero. Never had any friend or family member complain about a problem with a Leupold scope. I have visited a good many hunting related websites over the years and still visit a handful now. Never saw any significant level of complaints about Leupold at any of the others.

And then you come here. And holy chit 30% of the people posting in the optics forum here are having 75% and higher Leupold failure rates. Wow, what a weird anomaly. And at the one website were trolls and paid shills aren't weeded out by a moderator. Odd coincidence Huh?

Of course reading the sob stories are pretty fun. "I bought a Leupold once and within the first 2 days it sexually assaulted my wife, poisoned my best hound dog and threw a whole roll of toilet paper in the guest bathroom toilet after taking a giant chit in there. Pipes were stopped up for 3 weeks". "Sob, DAMN YOU LEUPOLD!"

I find the guys who claim to have had many many of them go south on them particularly curious. I don't think there is any chance that I could ever have 6 or more scopes chit the bed on me because after crap fest number 2 or 3 I feel certain that I would switch brands. Odd that they didn't. LOL!

Because you've never had a problem, its hilarious when others do?

Then you say if you had two or three scopes fail, you'd switch brands? Would you warn others about the products that kept failing you?

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."