Originally Posted by CharlieSisk
Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.

.....dang Phil.....that's a little harsh....editors and advertisers might be offended... grin grin grin

Charlie, I hate to be the guy who tells you, but in todays world most people seem to think that the truth is harsh 🙄

But it really doesn’t matter very much whether an animal is resting or charging , a well placed bullet that penetrates will quickly kill it.

The only reason I carry a bigger caliber is that sometimes when things are going sideways it’s difficult to quickly place your bullets and that is when a bigger bore with excess power can sometimes make a difference.
I have killed bears with a lot of different calibers , from the 9mm handgun to the 505 Gibbs, and the more experience I gained with the larger rifles , the more I learned to appreciate the standard 458 Win.

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
Alaska Hunter Ed Instructor
FAA Master pilot
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.