Yep! One shot between between the eye and the ear from the left side of the head. Penetrated through and exited on right side of skull. Mule Deer, compared to the rest of us, is the real 9.3 x 62 guy with a great deal of experience. I've read the history, on the 9.3 x 62 from a lot of sources. Look up Ganyana 9.3 x 62 and you will read a very enjoyable article about it. The 9.3 x 62 and the .375 H&H Magnum are always discussed in African literature. Don Heath(GANYANA) a professional PH, recently deceased, was very experienced with the 9.3 and was instrumental, I have read, for the 9.3 being legal to hunt dangerous game in Zimbabwe. He killed a lot of elephants with the 9.3 x 62. The 9.3 was the king of the all purpose rifles until WW2 messed up the Mauser factory and ammunition supplies. No one could get ammo or new rifles. Winchester was making .375 rifles at affordable prices. Around 1957 most African countries stipulated the .375 would be the smallest caliber for dangerous game. A great many Winchester .375s were imported and the 9.3 rifles were put into the closet and forgotten. CZ later corrected this and manufactured affordable 9.3 x 62 rifles for Africa.Too many European royal sons were killed by inadequate calibers not stopping dangerous game. However, the 9.3 was gifted a reputation for deadly killing power on all African game, including elephant and cape buffalo. I also killed a cape buffalo, one shot. The 286gr Barnes TSX took out the top of the heart, messed up the plumbing on top of heart
He ran about forty of my long paces(short legs). This CZ 550 American was borrowed by two other hunters whose rifles were not delivered with them in Zimbabwe.

Glenn Campbell