Mule Deer I am jealous of your pre 64 .375 Win. But I need not be. I have a beautiful restocked CZ 550 American with AA grade walnut from Richards Microfit Stocks(just don't like .375 H&H recoil). The 9.3 is very nice...However, not an ultra expensive status quo gunsmith creation of art. It has a very nice new recoil pad that has reduced much recoil. It has killed two elephants, five cape buffalos, one lion, and uncountable warthogs (one shot kills all). I lost count of the small antelope to large Eland. All Killed with one shot. I only killed a elephant and cape buffalo for dangerous game. All the other animals were harvested by two hunters whose rifles did not arrive in Zimbabwe and South Africa many days later. Their hunt and mine was almost over when their rifles finally arrived in camp. Both the other guys went to the 9.3 x 62 upon return to Belgium and Pennsylvania. Harsh .375 recoil and sufficient performance of the 9.3 was the reason the .375s were traded in. I used a 26" barreled.270 Win. This also kept the recoil down. Used a 140 Barnes TSX at 3150 fps. This 9.3 has given one half inch accuracy with the Nosler 250gr Ballistic Tip Bullet. The 286gr Barnes TSX and solid both(with factory stock) gave three quarters in. groups. Haven't tried the new stock yet. The old stock was stolen.

Last edited by roanmtn; 03/01/24. Reason: Diction and spelling

Glenn Campbell