Originally Posted by roanmtn
Mule Deer!!!???///$$$$$$YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS! What a photo and what a tell all story in just two sentences. I have been known to utterly punish my buddies with tall tales of the Mighty .270 Winchester. This photo of THE BIG BROWN BEAR KILLED BY THE MIGHTY .270 WINCHESTER will cause me to be utterly
endeared by my poor buddies when I punish them again with .270 stories. WELLLLLLL? Do you guys believe I should show a wee bit of mercy? Thumbs UP or Thumbs Down, it is all you deciding if any mercy is shown. What say y'all?

Tell 458, the king of all bear hunters, someday I hope to be able to hunt with him for a BIG, BIG, Brown Bear. Thanks Mr. Shoemaker.

Glenn

How long do you wish for your buddies to remain your friends? I went back in the" Ask the Gunwriters forum" quite a few pages till I found the thread by Moosemike " Can a person ruin a cartridge for you?" I bumped it up so you won't have a problem finding it, you need to read it all start to finish . In a way it's a good thread that reveals alot about how people can beat a subject to death with their.enthusiasm for it. Might not kill the beaters enthusiasm but sure wears itself out on one's friends. Works the other way also as some people get damn tiring by continually expressing their hatred of certain cartridges. By bashing someone elses choice or being over enthusiastic about yours is not endearing to those you associate with. Anyway the thread is a good read. And no I don't hate any cartridge (6,5C, 270 , etc) or try to wax on and on about them either. Just my 2 cents worth.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "