Originally Posted by shrapnel
Reminiscing at the Campfire, like sitting around the old pot bellied stove at the general store and talking about grizzlies, is a good way to spend a Cold January day.

When I was a kid, we hunted and killed everything with a rifle we already had. I never knew there was any other guns besides a 22, a 25-35, a 30-06 and a 410 single shot. We also never even thought of getting a new gun to hunt something with, we already had 4 choices.

We had grizzly bears around our cabin all summer and grizzly sightings were almost daily in our yard in the evenings. We would show all our visitors the bears when they would come into our trash pit in the evening. We lived as people did in the 1880’s all summer with a wood stove for cooking, a well for water and an outhouse for pooping. We had a garbage pit, where we threw all our trash that wouldn’t burn and it attracted the bears.

I worked in town at a grocery store and would bring home scraps from the meat shop once in awhile for our hungry bears. My mother told me to stop doing that, as the bears were so frequent, we might lose a kid or a dog to a bear.

I brought the last load of meat scraps and laced it all with enough ExLax to relieve a battalion of men and placed it in the pit. The next morning, all the scraps were gone and my brother and I tracked that bear for over 1/2 mile by the bear $hit in the woods. We never found the bear, but people brag about how they have killed grizzlies, but damn few ever killed one with ExLax…
Gosh, that's funny !!!!!!!!!

"not too grumpy"