Mule Deer;
Good morning and Happy New Year to you and Eileen, I hope you're both warm, well and dry this morning.

We got the second snowfall of the winter last night - first of the year - and I'm just part way out the door to plug in the tractor and deal with it.

Thanks for the thoughts on hunting clients and what they show up with.

If I'm not wrong you've written similar thoughts from back in the days when you were guiding and I know that in talking with the local guides and outfitters, the very last thing they wanted to see was a client show up with a shiny new whizbang ultra mag that they were unfamiliar with.

Locally here it was mostly a case of a missed ram, buck or black bear, but we did have one American hunter end up shooting a grizzly that was stalking the guide and him. That was years back, maybe in the mid '90's if I'm remembering right now. In that instance the hunter did good work with his chosen arm and dropped the grizzly with a single shot. The CO's did the investigation and it was all good, but since it was a defense shooting the hide and head couldn't be kept.

Anyways mostly I wanted to send best wishes to you and Eileen for a good 2024.

I'd better get out there and move some white stuff.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"