Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
As of a little while ago these new Leupold are in our site. Thanks for your patience

No joy. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Do you have a feel as to when? Hint...........
According to our rep scopes will start shipping in the next couple of weeks. He's supposed to get a better guesstimate of which scopes when either today or Monday. As I get intel I will share

Doug,

Those are going to be very popular scopes. I hope Cameraland sells a bunch of them.

Has Larry contacted you about his claimed defective Leupold MK 5?

If one was to order a Leupold MK 4 and found it defective what is the procedure for refund or replacement?

You carry a pretty wide selection of nice scopes. What does your data say about customer satisfaction for Leupold vs other scopes?

Most of us are victims of our experience but you must get a lot of customer feedback and it would be strange for you to carry a product line that, according to a few vocal posters, has a very large number of defective units.

Thanks in advance for providing some unbiased information that customers can use in deciding future purchases.
John,
I agree these new Leupold scopes seem like a great addition to their offerings. Of course, time and usage will be the review of them.

He has not reached out to me to intervene on his MK 5 issue. As with any issues with any brand we handle, whether it was originally purchased from us or not, it's our pleasure to assist.

With any newly purchased product, be it this new series of scope or anything else, if it is an initial defective reach out to us. Every brand has varying methods of handling this type of issue. In some cases the brand will e-mail a pick up tag to get the product back, in some cases we will. If it is a refund we will issue the refund. If it is an exchange sometimes the brand will send the replacement and other times we will. Again, it depends of the brands policy. We try to be as efficient as possible and to keep UPS and Fed Ex at a minimum. Obviously, the most efficient way is the brand sends a pick up tag and a replacement product. Much better than ship to us, ship to brand, brand ships to us and we ship to you.

Our experience with Leupold has been positive. By that I mean we sell a fair amount of their scopes and I cannot recall the last one that I got contacted about with an issue.

Overall the brands we carry have solid quality. We do our best to choose and carry quality brands. We do not carry anything and everything to make every sale. We prefer to carry brands that we can offer quality customer service, brands that when we need an answer to a question we can reach a rep and when there's an issue we can efficiently assist and of course brands with quality offerings. Through the years we have carried brands that as you can see we no longer carry. There's reasons of course and these reasons vary. Unfortunately, over the decades, this industry has changed. Companies that once were filled with industry folks who started at the bottom and worked their way up and understood not only the needs of the consumer but the needs of their retail partners have retired and the new regime, in some cases, are bean counters that come from either other industries or ivy league schools and, IMO, haven't a clue about their products or care about their consumers or retail partners. In some cases companies have been bought out by public corporations and the bean counters care more about the stock holders than the consumers that keep them in business. It's an ever changing industry which is why we go to SHOT Show every year. To see the people we work with, to cultivate relationships with the people we buy from, to look for new quality offerings and to listen and learn what's going on industry wide.

I will repeat what I always post......ALWAYS feel free to pick up the phone and call us, 516-217-1000, to discuss what it is you're interested in, to compare different options, if you need assistance with an issue (not an issue with your spouse as we do not have that much free time) or what we can do for you on the product that does interest you.

Doug,

Thanks for the response.

It's good to know your experience with Leupold matches mine. I have great luck with Leupold and your customer feed back is another good indicator the MK4 will be a big hit with shooters and hunters.

If Larry reaches out for a refund I would be interested in purchasing that MK 5 that caused him such struggles.

Thanks again.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.