Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
This is scope designed for low power high fov quick shooting. The ffp is going to suck at 2.5x. And a 10x isn’t really enough power for over 300 where you even need reticle ticks. Verdict = fail

Please explain in detail how a feature you don't like but many others want is a fail?

If you had even briefly looked at the MK 4 HD product line you would have seen there is a 2.5-10 with SFP reticle.

I prefer 2ndFP but others don't. To be fair I don't have any interest in any of the announced MK 4HD offerings but Leupold is damn sure going to sell a shit load to shooters who like FFP at those prices.
you of all people know ffp is a fail for that scope. Will people buy it. Yeah. But most people don’t shoot much or only at a gun range. You know this.
Originally Posted by Calvin
Looking at the reticle, it looks like it will show up better than some on low power with FFP. I've killed [bleep] really close on low power with FFP. Not rocket science.

I have killed shit really close with iron sights on a revolver, that does not mean a proper 2ndFP scope won't work better.

1stFP is a compromise at low power. Sure it can work but it's still a compromise.

Leupold is smart enough to offer both reticle placements in the 2.5-10 and the 2ndFP is a better choice but the FFP is hardly a fail.

I hunted most of this year with a 2nd FP as I stole my daughter's rifle for most of my deer hunting. Didn't slow me down any.