Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by Ralphie
Originally Posted by scottryan
Originally Posted by CRS
The only flaw with Form's test is the sample size. Statistically speaking.

I also take his test with a grain of salt. The drops are excessive.

I don’t know man. When you write elk hunting stories about falling off snow cliffs to kill a rag horn. Expect people to believe the story and think backpack elk hunting is something extraordinary. Admit you are a rookie elk hunter, then a few years later you are the end all know all…maybe those drops aren’t excessive.

I remember that. If there ever was an exhibition of extreme ego that was it.

He went full Rambo on Montana elk..... it was epic............................... bullschit

I remember the Formidilosis hunting tales of yore. They were pretty over the top.The main issue I had with the guy is that he absolutely can not abide a difference of opinion. And it got a little hard to take him seriously sometimes with his constant high level of anonymity. If you want to use an exceptional amount of "work" experience as a kind of ultimate gear and technique arbiter, then you better eventually qualify exactly what that experience consists of. IIRC, it goes so far that if he does a pod cast or some such thing they modulate his voice. I have a couple of acquaintances who were legitimate operators and some work associates who work under cover, and they weren't prolifically posting all over the internet while also trying to maintain a kind of secret identity.

I will say that I've found most of his gear recommendations that I've tried and or had previous experience with to be on the mark.