Originally Posted by joecool544
Originally Posted by Savage_99
About 300 yds for me. I really don't want to get anything that bad.

I had the 270 WSM early one morning and some deer were feeding at a lasered 450 yds. There was some wind blowing even that early. Instead of shooting I got closer and got a shot at 150 yds.

Another time I passed up a 400 yd shot on a sleeping black bear but that time I only had a 7mm-08.

On the other hand, as Jorge said, if I were on some big trip and there was some trophy out there I would shoot further.

WOW!!! That�s really sad just because your on some big trip and there may be a big trophy out there you are going to try and stretch your normal shooting abilities�. Doesn�t the big trophy animal deserve the same respect that you would give a little dink animal on a normal hunt? I know there are a lot of hunters with that attitude very sad. frown

As for my self I don't know any hunters with "that attitude". Here my range is limited to 200 yds thus I use data to extend the range. For game I limit myself pretty much to whats sure and thats about 300 yds.

For a 'big trip' I would have to fire some shots at the longer actual ranges as others have mentioned. Unless I could do this and confirm my settings I would not shoot further.

Thanks for your concern.