I�m new here so I will go ahead and make some enemies. The question about how far you could shoot under perfect conditions is a wrong question to ask. With today�s optics, laser range finders, bullet and rifle performance, it can make anyone that has watched the movie �Sniper� one to many times a long range shooting pro, so they think. There is too many video�s, products and custom gun manufactures promoting long range hunting as an ethical means of harvest. This on itself has created its own industry catering to what I call the �Sniper Wana Be Syndrome�. I have spent my whole adult life training and shooting long range. I have to, because I took an oath, and it�s my job, and mine and others lives depend on my ability. I can tell you that who ever says shooting sub MOA at the range at paper targets makes them a qualified long range shooter needs to take a reality check. It�s not the same as looking thru your tube at a moving breathing creature. The act of ethically harvesting a game animal should be the responsibility of every hunter that goes into the field. This means �in my opinion�, do the best of my ability to get as close to the target as I can, and waiting for the perfect shot. If it doesn�t come�.so be it, that�s a part of hunting that I accept. The real long range hunting question should be not if I can make the shot, but should I even try. Every time a wounded animal shows up on the news during hunting season from a bad shot, just gives the anti�s fuel for the fire. This is something to think about.