Perfect confitions??? While hunting??? Good luck....handy bench??? Or perfect log at just the right place & angle? No such thing...Any rifle with a 300 yd mid range trajectory of 10" or so should be good to go at 300...even with iron sights...I'll admit here & now though that when I was 11 years old, I had an opportunity to take a shot at a 4x4 that was running downhill at about 200 yds....I never loosed a round because I didn't have the skills to do it(25-35)....today??? I'd have a nice trophy & some good meat....ya gotta know your limitations....oh yeah...I guess I should mention I was shooting 100 yd. smallbore competition at the time....45+ years ago....I still have dreams about that buck even though I killed a much larger one a couple years after that incident & quite a few since...but that one buck still haunts me...Edit to add...I'll bet "E" has stepped over that ground...You listening E??? How about above Hay's flat at about the top of the hill where you can look down at Silver lake on Hwy 88??? I'm planning on trying to find my way back up there this year after a 45 year absence...

Last edited by Middlefork_Miner; 07/18/08.