We're talking "perfect" conditions. Okay - with perfect conditions - I'm confident to 600 yards. Why 600? Good gear, and I do a LOT of shooting to 600 yards. My gun club has a 600 yard range, and I shoot there year round, it's really not a problem. I have to admit that I've never taken a mulie out that far, but with the right gear in hand, and "perfect" conditions - meaning a steady rest, a laser-accurate range to target and no wind... Yeah, I'd go 600 for sure.

[Linked Image]
Winchester Model 70 .300 WSM with 4.5 - 14 Leupold. Shooting 190 grain Berger VLD's at 2950 fps. It does just fine at 600 yards.

[Linked Image]
Rem 700 with a Krieger barrel, chambered in .308 Winchester, I've shot "high master" level scores in NRA prone matches with it at 600 yards, sling & scope. smile Very satisfying rifle to shoot, and good on 'yotes & rockchucks at longish ranges. I've been shooting this rifle for about 12 years now and have gone through a few barrels, even in .308 Win - yes - I'm confident with it at 600 yards in good conditions.

Regards, Guy