Ya didn't pizz us of that much...

See if you felt that the mirage was an issue, and it can be a REAL issue, good shooters know all of that, I've been aware of that since the 80s...., then the 475 yard shot should have been a no go.

My longest to date is 802. Conditions were perfect. Very slight mirage, and not enough movement to worry about wind... both hits within 6 inches of each other IIRC. Been a lot of days I've walked away from much shorter shots.

As to the comments on getting closer... yeah I do and a lot of us do, but prefer to be prepared.

To preach that only this rifle, or that max distance or this bow or that MZ is sporting/ethical is BS. I've killed so many animals up close with a bow that the longer shots are more challenging than wacking something that doesnt' even have a chance up close, but thats just the stage of life I'm at.

I will argue with your common sense of taking a longer shot at a smaller target and a shorter shot at a larger target though... Put a hole in something vital and 99% of the time its dead. If the target is bigger, it extends your effective range.

I am not making a deal of you wanting a close shot. I am making a deal of preaching it on something titled long range hunting... Its kinda like going to an archery forum and telling em bows suck..

Respectfully submitted, Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....